Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Stepping out of my comfort zone.

Soooo yesterday I was not having a great day.

We missed church.

Went to go get a Starbucks drink because I had my free drink waiting for me on my card & Chris wanted some breakfast from there. My husband clearly orders a venti iced 8 pump chai for me (because at this location specifically they never put enough chai in the drinks.... I forget this when I go to other locations and order the same drink and I'm grossed out by the amount of chai) and they clearly have a venti warm 8 pump chai latte waiting for me. I felt bad and didn't want to say anything because I knew they would just throw it out and I didn't want to waste a massive drink like that. So I took it.

On the way back to the house Chris & I started talking about the drink. He was saying I don't know why you would order an iced drink anyways its 40 degrees outside. And I replied well I'm not going to be drinking it outside, I'll be drinking it inside where it's nice & warm. Then somehow we ended up in heated debate about the startbucks drink. Seriously?!

We got home and started cleaning the house. I cleaned the kitchen, dining room & living room and remembered I wanted to cut some hair mats out of our golden's coat. Sorry, I know that's kind of gross but she's been licking her hair like crazy because of her allergies and well it causes hair mats. So I start snipping away & searching trying to find all of them. Somehow while I'm in the middle of doing this I knock over my water bottle which also knocks over my venti warm chai latte. AWESOME. It spills all over our hardwood floors (I know thankfully it did not spill on a rug or carpet). I had barely had any of it. It was everywhere. Grrrrrrr.

I decided at that point I needed to finish cleaning the house, shower & get ready and do something to get me outta this bad mood bad luck funk.

So guess what I did??? I went to the movies.... BY MYSELF. This is the first time I have ever done this and it was WONDERFUL. I was super nervous but I love love love me some alone time and I think it was just what I needed. I saw Silver Linings Playbook. It was fantastic.

I also figured out why I was so grumpy yesterday :) Why is it that it doesn't even matter if you know it's coming you can still not control your emotions??

I know I sound like a spoiled little brat complaining about a stupid starbucks drink and really in the big scope of things it's not important but for some reason, yesterday.... it was.

Have you guys gone to the movies by yourself? I told a few of my friends and was surprised to find out they have. Why didn't anyone tell me about this secret?!

3 comments:

  1. I have not gone to the movies by myself, but Justin loves doing that. If the kids and I are gone or doing something, he will do it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not ever gone to the movies by myself, but I hear of people doing it and really enjoying that time alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I have never gone to movie alone but I have definitely thought about it! You were upset because you LOVE your chai and there is nothing wrong with that!! Its the simplest things that we miss so much when they are gone! Especially when we do something so clumsy!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile :) thank you!