Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

my day of unlabor

LOVE unlabor day & LOVE having a 4 day weekend!! 


1.We decided to start renovating our dining room yesterday. I am throwing a baby shower in October for my good friend Ashley and we thought this would give us some motivation to get the reno ball rolling. Chris took down half of the trim and door frames & spackled the holes in 1 wall and spackled some areas that needed to be smoothed. He is going to sand it today, finish taking off the trim and we'll paint 1 of the 4 walls. We are planning on putting up all new base boards, crown molding, door frames, and wains coating. It took all I had in me to convince him to paint the room a light gray color.... we finally after months of debate ;) decided on gravity by valspar. 


2. I took Eleanor on a run this morning and it was WONDERFUL. IT felt like the AC was on outside! I hardly broke a sweat. THEN I took Sebastian on walk. It was nice to take them separately but each time I felt bad for leaving the other one :( 


3. Hubby is helping his friend put up a fence this morning and after coming home to spackle and take down more trim soooo I have about 4 hours untill I need to help paint. I want to get some fun in the sun time in!! 


4. I just realized I will be out of town for the next 3 weekends and it's kinda freaking me out. The first weekend I come home will be the weekend I am throwing the baby shower... Ekk! That means I have to be super on top of my game and ORGANIZED! 


5. Last weekend I finished "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo and it was incredible. I was bawling like a baby. I highly recommend this book. It's a fast easy read too.... you won't want to put it down.

Enjoy your day of unlabor! I hope you have that day off from work so you can do whatever you please. 

Diana

1 comment:

  1. Wherrrrrrrrrre arrrrrrrrre yoooooooooooou?

    I miss you, friend. And it's been 10 DAYS since you last posted. Are you alive? I miss you.

    Muah!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile :) thank you!