Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

or should i just keep chasing pavements

More like eating pavements.  I've had a recent bout with falling lately.  It's actually starting to become a problem and causing physical pain.  I have had FOUR falls within the last WEEK.

1. I was having a nice little shopping trip with my mother-in-law last Saturday.  We were walking in front of the Steve Madden store and out of nowhere BAM I went down.  I slid on tiny little spill with my left boot and I will say landed ever so gracefully on my right knee.  Now I have a nice little knot & bruise under my knee.

2.  I was leaving my house Tuesday morning for work and was on the phone with a friend.... tripped going down my front steps.  Didn't fall to the ground that time :).

3.  Thursday evening I was walking Sebastian while on the phone with Mr. Sophisticate and fell off the curb.  I also didn't fall to the ground that time.... but it was pretty embarrassing.  My pride was hurt.

4.  Friday morning I woke up at 2:30.... WIDE AWAKE.  I had already planned to get up early and watch the royal wedding but not till 4:00.  I stayed in bed... played on phone.... got up went to the bathroom.... then decided to go downstairs (bad idea).  I had one sock on & one sock off (the bed ate one of them).  I don't know how it happened but I slid down the last 6 stairs.  I thought it was never going to end.  I blame it mostly on the socks (or lack there of) and the slippery stairs.  Definitely not my ability to walk.... I clearly have no problem with that.  THIS fall was the worst one.  My tailbone/booty has a wicked bruise.  Also my right thigh, right arm, & right wrist are sore.  I went to yoga (thought I was going to pilates but whatever) Saturday morning and it actually helped.

I really hope this is the end of it all.  My body hurts too much to continue this.


PS MY BIRTHDAY is tomorrow!! 

2 comments:

  1. I believe the English would say you have a bruised "bum." You've got to use Prince Harry's lingo if you want a shot! haha

    And P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile :) thank you!